Praying for Combe Martin
These are difficult and uncertain times for us all, whether we are still confined to our homes or coming to terms with what the easing of the lockdown restrictions mean for us personally. On each day of the week let us focus our prayers on how people in different sections of our local community have been impacted by this pandemic. And on each day of the month bring before God all the people living on particular streets.
Which day of the week is it?
People suffering with covid19 in hospital, care homes, or at home.
The sick, elderly and vulnerable. Those suffering mental health problems.
People awaiting delayed hospital operations.
The farming community, and the food production and distribution industry.
Our local church communities and their leaders.
Local key workers.
The hospitality and tourist businesses.
Shops and retail outlets, local traders.
Parish Council members and workers.
Those who organise village events, and those running local amenities.
All recreational, social and sports clubs.
School teachers and staff.
All children and young people.
Parents home-working and home-schooling children, and the unemployed.
Health centre and caring agencies - doctors, nurses, health visitors, carers
Local emergency services.
All that is happening in our community and specific people/places you may wish to pray for.
Which day of the month is it?
1. Badgaver Lane, Barton Gate Lane, Beara Lane
2. Belmont Avenue, Borough Road, Bowhay Lane
3. Bowling Green Lane, Buzzacott Close, Buzzacott Lane
4. Castle Street, Chapel Lane, Church Street
5. Comers Lane, Coneypark Lane, Corner Lane
6. Coulsworthy Lane, Cross Street, Drapers Close
7. East Challacombe Lane, Five Turnings, Flexapark
8. Furse Park, Genesis Lane, Girt Lane
9. Hangman Path, High Street, Highfield Gardens
10. Hillside View, Holdstone Way, Hollands Park Avenue
11. Kiln Lane, King Street, Kingston Avenue
12. Knowle Gardens, Leigh Road, Lynton Road
13. Mill Meadow, Moory Meadow, Netherton Lane
14. Newberry Hill, Newberry Road, Nutcombe Hill
15. Orchard Close, Park Crescent, Park Lane
16. Park View Close, Pentice Lane, Pound Lane
17. Rectory Road, Rews Close, Ridge Hill
18. Rosea Bridge Lane, Rows Lane, Seaside Hill
19. Shackhayes, Shute Lane, Skirhead Lane
20. Spurway Gardens, Sunnyside, Tom Sanders Close
21. Trenode Avenue, Umber Close
22. Usticke Lane, Valley Lane
23. Vellacott Lane, Verwill Lane
24. Victoria Street, Water Lane
25. Water Terrace, Watery Lane
26. West Challacombe Lane, Western Gardens
27. Wet Lane, Whitegates
28. Wood Lane, Woodlands
29-31. On these days, we pray for our own street and neighbourhood
“You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, to go and bear fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”